Sales Operations Order Management Specialist
Our Sales Operations team sits at the heart of a rapidly growing Sales organization, and your responsibility as a Sales Operations Order Management Specialist will be to ensure the validity of all data in our sales and customer relationship management system. In this position as dedicated Order Management representation in our EMEA region, you will be required to handle internal operations across the quote-to-order booking and validation process. This includes all orders related to both our Direct and Channel Partner business. You will be an integral part of the operational backbone of the company and will have cross-functional interactions with nearly every department in the company. Your day-to-day validation of sales orders will contribute to key company-wide reporting on revenue and product-level goals, sales commissions and compensation, and internal-facing and external-facing metrics.
As an Order Management Specialist you will:
- Review EMEA-region sales orders for completeness and accuracy, and ensure all orders are validated according to internal operations guidelines and policies. There may also be a need to validate orders from our US East Coast and Japan IBM operations too.Conduct timely and accurate SFDC booking for all sales orders, meeting both Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Act as subject matter expert to advise EMEA sales on global standard methodologies and guidelines for deal structure, booking, and order acceptance policies.
- Apply general policies and procedures to new and unfamiliar scenarios, pivoting quickly and using strong decision-making skills to adapt to and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Provide premier support and customer service to sales and other internal partners with strong communication and collaboration skills whether working over email, chat, or in person.
- Work closely with multiple teams in Sales, Legal, and Finance to resolve any order or booking issues and to develop approaches for new sales scenarios and business needs.
- Support month-end-close reconciliation activities between our booking (SFDC) and billing (Zuora) systems to provide quality and accuracy of our internal and external-facing data.
- Function as one of the voices in EMEA sales and operations when working with headquarters on new policy, tool, and process implementations, increasing visibility of needs and gaps, and promoting alignment between all global offices.
Why Sales Operations Order Management needs you:
Sales Operations Order Management is a global team with the huge responsibility of operationalizing and improving the efficiency of an always-changing and increasingly complex sales ecosystem of products and channels. It is crucial that we have a strong, self-motivated individual that is able to work independently as the sole representative in EMEA, while maintaining alignment with global policies and practices, and fostering positive relationships with sales and internal departments.
Why Box needs you:
Box is quickly growing our offering of innovative products to an increasing number of customers worldwide. A best-in-class product, an increased product offering, and an unprecedented level of partnerships, leads to strong growth in the volume and complexity of our sales orders. Our Sales Operations team sits at a most important position at the intersection of Sales, Finance, and Legal, and plays a key part in advancing sales orders into executed big wins.
Why you need Box:
You will get to play a part in shaping global policies to support new product offerings, complex deal structures, and evolving business needs around data and reporting at all levels of the business.
Your day-to day work will contribute directly to the company's ability to meet revenue and sales targets.
You will be the key link between sales functions in EMEA and global operations. You'll act as advocate for region-specific needs, while gracefully upholding global policies.
You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and globally with nearly all teams at Box, developing a wide breadth of order management, business, operations, and systems experience.
Who you are:
You have strong customer-service and communication skills, enjoy working cross-functionally to solve new and complex problems, are able to synthesize details, general guidelines, and interdependent policies, and are comfortable using that information to make well-founded decisions with wide-spread implications and high visibility.
- BA/BS or equivalent 3/4-year degree required.
- Previous experience in Operations, Order Management, Finance, Administration, and Customer Service roles.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, CPQ systems, Excel, and knowing Box is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong belief in the value of customer service; delivering polished, calm and confident communication.Ability to work on his/her own initiative as well as contribute to a cross-functional and global teams, by collaborating actively and during conflict resolution.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage a high volume of orders and multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to use good judgement and strong problem-solving and analytical skills to make decisions quickly and effectively in new and dynamic situations, while taking into account multiple sources of data and business policies, and downstream implications.
Here's the fine print...
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Want to learn more? See what one of our Boxers have to say about transforming the way companies collaborate and work: https://www.themuse.com/companies/box or take a look at our blog to get the last from Gartner and recent announcements: https://blog.box.com/blog/box-leader-gartner-magic-quadrant-content-collaboration-platforms-2017/
Check out some fast facts about Box...
- 30% year on year growth
- 97% approval rating of our CEO Aaron Levie and 89% of Boxers recommend to a friend (via Glassdoor)
- European Offices in London, Munich, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm
- Fantastic and diverse bunch of colleagues! - Active social calendar and communities, including Box Women's Network and PRIDE.
- Flat organization: easy access to talented Directors, VPs and above
- A culture of learning - we value continued development at Box. Host a number of workshops regularly from unconscious bias and radical candour.
- Box.org: Provides nonprofits with the technology resources they need to innovate and fulfil their mission
Back to top