Receptionist (Austin, TX)
Box is seeking a friendly, motivated, fun, and well-rounded individual to join our front desk staff. This person will be the “first face” of Box, which means customers and candidates will be greeted with a warm and friendly welcome.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and proactive, all while keeping a calm and “can do” attitude (even when situations get hectic and unorganized). You’ll be flexible, thoughtful, and communicative, anticipating potential issues before they become a problem. You will have a deep interest in helping others and will thrive in a high-velocity, unstructured start-up environment. You'll look to ace your core responsibilities while taking on new projects that move Box (and your career!) forward.
- Greet and check visitors in using our security procedures.
- Ability to handle multi-line phone system while simultaneously greeting customers in the lobby.
- Work with building security to monitor the building's main access point and escalate issues appropriately.
- Assist with requests, route questions to appropriate individuals and escalate issues appropriately.
- Provide light, administrative support to Business Operations, Exec Staff, HR, and Finance Teams as needed.
- Assist with U.S. mail services, shipping, and receiving.
- Help create a fun and exciting environment and celebrate success when we reach milestones.
- Keep the lobby and reception desk clean, clutter free, and presentable to visitors.
- Act as important member of the emergency evacuation team.
- B.S./B.A. degree.
- Interest in working at a fast-paced start-up.
- Must be on time, reliable, honest, trustworthy and proactive.
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion is critical.
- Unmatched desire to do what is necessary to support all key players of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An enthusiasm to work with people on a consistent basis.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office products and web based alternatives.
- Must have strong customer service, a flexible approach to tasks and an ability to work well within a team environment.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and prioritize workload.
- Must be able to lift/move approximately 20 pounds.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top