Partner Product Strategy & Operations Director
- Develop a deep understanding, and evaluate the capabilities and promise, of diverse IBM technology, products, and roadmaps, and their potential to align to those of Box and our customers' needs
- Identify opportunities and develop business cases to integrate, embed, or codevelop IBM and Box technologies, and influence senior leaders at Box and IBM to invest in those opportunities
- Own delivery of these innovations throughout their lifecycle, from inception to launch to steady-state operations and commercial success
- Collect and synthesize customer feedback, market trends, and the competitive landscape
- Define, prioritize, and communicate technical requirements cross-functionally, and coordinate or synchronize all product and engineering activities within Box and with IBM
- Represent IBM and Box to each other, and evangelize opportunities for each other's offerings and technology
- Build, engage, and manage relationships with internal and partner stakeholders
- Position and communicate use cases and the customer benefits of the Box and/or IBM | Box product portfolio, and support creation of materials to drive enablement and sales
- Develop annual plans with resource and budget requirements, and ensure Box and IBM engineer appropriate resourcing
- 8+ years of experience working in enterprise software at a top tier organization, ideally with a focus on product strategy and/or product management
- Experience working in a partnership context and/or with channel sales teams a strong plus
- Strategic mindset and keen business judgement a necessity
- Strong process orientation and mindset, with a logical thinking style and ability to break down and solve a wide variety of difficult problems, whether they be technological, operational, and/or commercial
- Cross-functional skillset, with an ability to seamlessly channel different viewpoints, including that of a customer, partner, sales rep, product marketer, or analyst
- Deep understanding of SaaS companies strongly preferred. Knowledge of end-user products, machine learning, and cloud infrastructure technologies strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across Box and IBM
- High EQ with a good sense of humor and ability to positively influence across all levels. Ability to influence senior leaders is critical to the success of this role.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to identify value and execute quickly in unstructured situations
- Highly-proactive, efficient, organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects with ruthless prioritization
- Comfort in the spotlight of high-visibility initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA and/or management consulting experience strongly preferred.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top