NOC Engineer II (Second Shift)
- Protect the customer experience - always
- Understand problems affecting the customer experience thoroughly enough to identify and advocate for the “best” solution.
- Partner with other teams to improve the customer experience
- Understand the key components of Box.com and how common transactions flow
- Capable of troubleshooting complex linux server issues in our environment
- Contribute and add value to troubleshooting site problems
- Develop Metrics and KPIs that drive improvements
- Python, Perl or similar
- Grasp of core programming concepts such as variables, methods, iterative constructs (loops), control flows and data structures
- Writing wrapper scripts around existing tools to automate simple tasks.
- Exception handling, log handling
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience with configuration management systems preferred, but not required
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, initiative and leadership abilities
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, and documentation skills
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques while on the job
- Team-oriented with strong technical, communication and organizational skills
- 2-4 years experience in Systems Administration or Technical Operations with an in-depth working knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- Active GitHub profile a plus (please include link in your resume)
- Cloud experience a plus
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top