NOC Engineer I (Second Shift)
Box is looking for a NOC Engineer I to join our Network Operations Center Team and support an industry-leading platform. It is the responsibility of the NOC to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and quality of the Box platform. The NOC is the frontline of defense in making sure our customers like GE, Pandora, AstraZeneca and Gap have a seamless experience when accessing their content on Box.
You will employ investigative and troubleshooting skills to identify, isolate, and resolve routine to very complex system and network issues. You will perform maintenances to help ensure the health of our services. You will need to communicate with technical staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner. The ideal candidate is excited by the challenge of supporting the next generation of cloud systems in a highly available production environment.
- Protect the customer experience - always
- Understand problems affecting the customer experience thoroughly enough to identify and advocate for the “best” solution.
- Partner with other teams to improve the customer experience
- Understand the key components of Box.com and how common transactions flow
- Capable of troubleshooting common issues on Linux servers
- Contribute and add value to troubleshooting site problems
- Crisp and professional communication regarding site problems
- 1-2 years experience in Systems Administration or Technical Operations with an in-depth working knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux servers in a production environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, initiative and leadership abilities
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, and documentation skills
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques while on the job
- Team-oriented with strong technical, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with configuration management systems preferred, but not required
- Active GitHub profile a plus (please include link in your resume)
- Cloud experience a plus
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top