Manager, Strategic Planning & Analysis
Business today is changing, and every organization in the world is transforming the way they work. Transformation means enabling employee productivity, building products faster, collaborating without friction, and interacting with customers digitally. Box is at the epicenter of this revolution. Over the past 10 years, Box has redefined the way people work and has become the modern content management platform. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and have a hand in shaping it.
We are searching for a seasoned Manager with technology finance experience to partner with and support our Product, Platform and Emerging business units. Our Product, Platform and Emerging business units are perpetually restless with the status quo; in fact, their charter is to break the mold and chart a course for exceptional growth.
The role offers a steep learning curve, a Greenfield opportunity to scale a function, a platform to influence significant decisions, exposure and accountability to senior leadership and executives, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. You’ll be contributing to Box’s growth and profitability, with a direct connection between your activities and the success of the business. Are you up for the challenge?
- Provide strategic and operational finance support to business leaders within the Product, Platform, and Emerging business unit groups.
- Own and execute end-to-end financial planning and forecasting for Product, Platform, and Emerging BU groups – a collection of spend and full P&L ownership (including pipeline, ARR, etc.).
- Define and deliver ongoing management reporting for intra-quarter puts/takes, investment decision assessments, and variance analyses.
- Own thought leadership effort to standardize and implement scalable financial planning and reporting processes/norms across Product, Platform, Emerging, and Engineering (Development and Operations) organizations.
- Drive ad-hoc financial analyses and models to inform and influence recommendations and business cases.
- Partner with SP&A leads to execute strategic projects.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or economics. An MBA is preferred, but not required.
- 7-9 years of finance experience with time spent in FP&A/Corporate Finance, investment banking or public accounting.
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen – understanding of Box’s products, markets, strategy, and challenges and can translate your knowledge into thoughtful insights/recommendations.
- Navigation of large networks of systems and people to find the necessary information; ability to tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and actionable conclusions.
- Executor with prior success driving projects with cross-functional teams.
- Poised communicator with prior experience advising senior leaders.
- Thrive in a team environment and practice confidence without attitude or ego; developing relationships comes naturally.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams and various constituents is second-nature.
- Strong command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Seasoned pro at financial modeling and analysis.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top