As the Manager on our Storage SRE team, you and your team will own the systems that store content for Box’s customers. Those systems are the heart of our business and this team makes sure that heart keeps beating every day. Not only are our storage team members are the experts on our custom in-house storage systems, but they are also leading our charge into the public cloud. We have a hybrid++ model where we store content in our datacenters as well as across multiple public clouds.
Why the team needs you
The Storage SRE team is lean. We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skillsets and each of us makes a big difference every day. We need someone who knows how to run systems in production and who wants to use software to lead them rather than shell prompts. In particular we're looking for a principled leader who can grow, build, and develop the Storage team as our business (and our Storage systems) grow over the coming months and years. You'll work with your team and partner teams to develop and drive a roadmap for Box storage and make our systems better and better for our customers.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. The Storage SRE team is enabling this by scaling our base storage layer faster than you can say "inflection point". That's where you come in. You are the champion for our public cloud strategy -- giving our customers the most reliable, most available, most secure, and most cost-effective on the planet!
Who you are
- You have experience running distributed systems in production at scale and have managed systems with software.
- You've been a hands-on leader.
- You value collaboration.
- You're detail-oriented and curious and when you're faced with a black box - you open it up and figure out how it works.
- You effectively prioritize and manage your time and you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, slack, phone, face-to-face - and to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president.
- You want to bring all these talents to work with other brilliant engineers and power a worldwide storage platform!
Here's the fine print:
- You have 4+ years as an engineer supporting storage systems in a production context.
- You have 1+ years in a team lead or management role.
- You're totally at home command-lining around on a Linux system.
- You are passionate about solving infrastructure problems with software.
- You have materially improved the operability of the systems you've run - through monitoring, service level management, lifecycle management, performance tuning, and documenting.
Back to top