We are looking for a high-energy, bright individual to help oversee the U.S. payroll process for our nearly 1,500 employees. This role will be responsible for the the semi-monthly processing and the related accounting, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with U.S. payroll. You will own the entire U.S. payroll, continually drive process improvement, and be the go-to payroll resource for the entire company. If you have the experience and motivation to oversee this business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Box organization, this is the position for you!
Why the team needs you
As the Payroll Manager, you will build, manage and lead the Payroll team, consisting of a staff of one (for now), consistent with Box values. You will enable your team to identify and drive process improvements not only in the payroll department but also across departments (e.g. People Ops, equity, enterprise business solutions) by leveraging the latest tools and best practices. You will take point on your team's collaboration efforts with the People Ops and Total Rewards department to ensure Boxers are paid accurately and timely including proper deductions for existing and new benefit programs. You will serve as a main contact for all payroll related matters for auditors (workers comp, 401k, SOX, etc), providing accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all audit related requests.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. As our business grows the number and geographical location of our employees and the overall complexity of our payroll process also grows. Box needs you if you are someone who thrives on the challenges that come from having to solve business critical challenges today and also think ahead and solve payroll challenges for where our business, with this growth, will also be in the years to come.
Why you need Box
In this role, you will get the opportunity to:
- Calculate, Process, Review and Complete: Payment of payroll, tax and benefit remittances through our Workday and ADP payroll systems, JE support and flux analyses.
- Track and Monitor: Transit benefit programs, expats and the year-end tax equalization process.
- Prepare & Report: Payroll analytics and payroll metrics
- Manage: The ADP Smart Compliance portal to ensure all state notices are addressed. Update rate changes for the ADP and Workday systems.
- Reconcile: Quarterly tax and W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions and federal and state returns filings and amendments.
- File: All employee payroll and related returns for all applicable jurisdictions and compliance forms
- Administer LOA payments by tracking all payroll adjustments as well as collect benefit premiums owed while employees are on leave.
- Maintain & Update: 401K/Roth remissions while ensuring contributions are submitted to Fidelity on time. Serve as the main point of contact for the annual 401K audit and assist in the Form 5500 preparation.
Who You Are
You have a high functioning, working knowledge of payroll related standards, codes, GAAP and regulations. You demonstrate an in-depth understanding of accounting and tax implications from payment level to the general ledger level. Strong system and data flow knowledge are in your DNA. Data drives your decisions and acute attention to details guides your actions. You thrive off of your ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment. You're excited about working for a company that values collaboration and a team-oriented outlook. Most of all, you are a champion for your clients and your team needs and get stuff done but have fun while doing it!
Here's the fine print:
- You've managed direct reports before and take pride in your team's success
- You have 5 or more years of experience managing a comprehensive payroll process
- Bonus points for having CPP certification, experience in Workday and ADP SmartCompliance.
- You have experience with multi-state payrolls larger than 1K employees (both exempt and non-exempt), public companies or pre-public companies with share based employee income reporting, complex benefits programs, and automated human resources and payroll systems
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top