We are looking for a high-energy, bright individual to help oversee the U.S. payroll process for our 1,300+ employees. This role will be responsible for the review of the semi-monthly processing, accounting, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with U.S. payroll. We’re looking for 2 to 5 years’ experience in managing payroll. An ideal candidate will be someone who is a game-changer and will take charge of the entire U.S. payroll, continually drive process improves, and be an expert payroll resource for the entire company. If you have the experience and motivation to oversee this business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Box organization, this is the position for you!
- Effectively build, lead and manage the team, consisting of a staff of one (for now) consistent with Box values. Leverage world class tools, processes, and personnel, to deliver against the responsibilities and objectives of the function.
- Accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of payroll and related compensation expense. Will be responsible for the preparation of the payroll analytic, review metrics and timely delivery of pay file(s) to ADP SmartCompliance.
- Oversee and review all payroll entries prepared by Payroll Specialist which includes but not limited to gifts, one-time payments, term checks, LOA entries, Schwab/Fidelity integrations, etc.
- Responsible for the thorough review of all retro transactions coming through the Workday payroll system.
- Administer the LOA process from the payroll prospective by effectively tracking all payroll adjustments as well as collect benefit premiums owed while employees are on leave.
- Strong understanding of payroll mobility issues. This person will be the main point of contact for all expatriate and inpatriate transactions. Responsible for tracking of all expat benefits and assist with the year-end tax equalization process.
- Manage the ADP SmartCompliance portal to ensure all state notices are being properly addressed. Ensure rate changes are updated in both ADP and Workday systems.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of any special checks, i.e., termination pay, special bonuses, etc.
- Maintain 401k/Roth remission schedule while ensuring contributions are submitted via Fidelity on a timely fashion (1-2 days following pay date). Update remission reconciliation on per period basis and ensure any differences are properly explained. Serve as the main contact for the annual 401k audit and assist in the Form 5500 preparation.
- Lead projects to drive process improvements in the payroll department (and projects that cross departments, e.g., People Ops, equity, enterprise business solutions)
- Collaborate with total rewards department to ensure proper payroll deductions and reporting for new benefit programs. Ensure compliance of new benefits as rolled out by the company.
- Responsible for reconciling W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions (i.e. gifts, prizes, education assistance, equity, etc.). This includes the reconciliation of the quarterly Federal and state returns and amendments.
- Effective, accurate and timely completion of all assigned month-end responsibilities such as reporting, JE support and flux analysis. Other reporting required depending on need.
- Effectively serve as a main contact for all payroll related matters for the auditors (workers comp, 401k, SOX, etc); including accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all audit related requests.
- Overseeing and ensuring the effective, accurate and timely filing of all employer payroll and related compliance forms and returns for all applicable jurisdictions such as workers compensation and other miscellaneous state filings.
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 – 5 or more years relevant work experience managing a comprehensive payroll process, including direct reports
- 5-10 or more years of relevant payroll work experience
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1k employees and both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Experience with automated human resources and payroll systems; Workday and ADP SmartCompliance a plus
- CPP certification a strong plus
- High-functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, codes, GAAP, regulations and other related requirements.
Back to top