IT Systems Engineer (Client Platforms)
- Lead administration and support for macOS, Windows, and iOS globally (deployment, provisioning, software distribution, auditing, etc.).
- Create/maintain day-to-day support & management documentation for macOS & Windows troubleshooting.
- Utilize Casper, Filewave, and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to develop new images with support for major operating systems and software releases.
- Build automation and tooling to assist with compliance, alert on problems, and auto-remediate issues without end user involvement.
- Partner with the security team to implement security policies and ensure all critical vulnerabilities are patched in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all devices stay compliant with Box policies.
- Maintain inventory and reporting of all end user computing assets.
- Explore using alternatives such as Puppet, Chef, Munki, and/or Homebrew for joint macOS and Windows administration.
- Provide Tier III support and troubleshooting for complex end user computing issues escalated from the Helpdesk. Be the go-to technical resource and mentor for entry level system administrators and Helpdesk team.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in a related field.
- 3-5+ years experience with JAMF Casper Suite for macOS and iOS (Imaging, Composer, Admin, JSS, Remote) or equivalent experience on a similar endpoint management platform.
- 2-3+ years experience with Puppet in a large scale macOS or Linux environment.
- 1-2 years experience using Homebrew for advanced macOS package management and developer tools distribution.
- Strong ability to interact with and understand complex technical requirements across different departments.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including working with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
- Proven experience and track record troubleshooting complex Mac and Windows problems in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of essential security and networking concepts.
- Ability to stay current with latest hardware and software releases.
- Experience scripting and or automating tasks with REST APIs.
- Experience in one or more programming languages relevant to scripting, automation, and general tooling: Python, Bash, PHP, AppleScript, Objective-C, PowerShell.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Certified Casper Administrator (CCA), Certified Casper Expert (CCE), Certified JSS Administrator (CJA), Puppet Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top