IT Systems Engineer (Client Platforms)
Box is looking for an exceptional candidate with a deep knowledge of end user computing platforms (macOS/iOS & Windows 7/10) to join our growing IT Systems Engineering team. As a Sr. IT Systems Engineer you will work cross-functionally with IT, Security, and Engineering to deploy and maintain our growing fleet of end user laptops and iPads globally. To succeed in this fast-paced challenging position you will need to be a highly motivated problem solver and be deeply passionate about all things end user computing.
- Lead administration and support for macOS, Windows, and iOS globally (deployment, provisioning, software distribution, auditing, etc.).
- Create/maintain day-to-day support & management documentation for macOS & Windows troubleshooting.
- Utilize Casper, Filewave, and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to develop new images with support for major operating systems and software releases.
- Build automation and tooling to assist with compliance, alert on problems, and auto-remediate issues without end user involvement.
- Partner with the security team to implement security policies and ensure all critical vulnerabilities are patched in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all devices stay compliant with Box policies.
- Maintain inventory and reporting of all end user computing assets.
- Explore using alternatives such as Puppet, Chef, Munki, and/or Homebrew for joint macOS and Windows administration.
- Provide Tier III support and troubleshooting for complex end user computing issues escalated from the Helpdesk. Be the go-to technical resource and mentor for entry level system administrators and Helpdesk team.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in a related field.
- 3-5+ years experience with JAMF Casper Suite for macOS and iOS (Imaging, Composer, Admin, JSS, Remote) or equivalent experience on a similar endpoint management platform.
- 2-3+ years experience with Puppet in a large scale macOS or Linux environment.
- 1-2 years experience using Homebrew for advanced macOS package management and developer tools distribution.
- Strong ability to interact with and understand complex technical requirements across different departments.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including working with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
- Proven experience and track record troubleshooting complex Mac and Windows problems in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of essential security and networking concepts.
- Ability to stay current with latest hardware and software releases.
- Experience scripting and or automating tasks with REST APIs.
- Experience in one or more programming languages relevant to scripting, automation, and general tooling: Python, Bash, PHP, AppleScript, Objective-C, PowerShell.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Certified Casper Administrator (CCA), Certified Casper Expert (CCE), Certified JSS Administrator (CJA), Puppet Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
Back to top