Box is hiring its first Incident Commander to support our industry leading platform - ensuring that our customers like GE, Pandora, AstraZeneca and Gap have a seamless experience when accessing their content on Box.
As Box continues to scale beyond 74,000 customers and move to a multi-cloud infrastructure, we need a an Incident Commander to proactively tackle the challenges that of scale and a multiple platform application stack. You will not only build the foundation of the first Incident Commander team at Box, but also ensure that our engineering teams maintain total site and customer experience awareness.
Why the team needs you
As the first Incident Commander, you will be a driver within the NOC to ensure overall production site health and the performance of core customer facing journeys. You would be leading a team of engineers dedicated to constantly improving our customer's experience.
We are on track to build a world-class NOC. In order to get there, we need you.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
Technical Operations is implementing a lot of complex strategy to support the backbone of our product and infrastructure, especially as we continue to scale. The NOC is responsible for making this implementation seamless to our customers. That's where you come in.
The Incident Commander takes control when our sites experience critical problems. The Incident Commander will orchestrate the efforts of multiple teams and is accountable for providing clarity during an incident.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the unique opportunity to join a brand new team and work with our private and multi-public cloud provider stack. The Incident Commander is responsible for maintaining the highest level of availability. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and have impact directly on the entire business.
Who you are
- 5+ years of operations experience (at scale/cloud experience is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Linux Red Hat, Unix, Perl and Shell scripts
- Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP suite, routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF and DNS
- Flexibility to work shift model
- Strong and effective communicator
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities. Ability to learn new technologies and technical domains.
- Persuasive leader. Able to lead a team in a pressure situation to resolve a critical incident
- Good collaborator who builds collaborative relationships with other technical teams
- Process oriented with a strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Shift based schedule; 5 days per week, 8 hour days. Subject to change
- This is a brand new team and you will have the opportunity to make and drive change
- You will be working with multiple platforms supporting our application stack
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.