Head of Strategic Internal Communications
Box is looking for a collaborative and motivated Head of Strategic Internal Communications to iterate and grow its internal communications efforts. Your focus will be to develop a narrative of the Box story and engage with Boxers globally to advance the company culture and strategy.
In this position, you will work closely with the People Team, Brand, External Comms team and the Execs to amplify Box's culture, increase internal awareness and impact Boxer engagement. You will develop and drive the internal comms strategy & programs such as the quarterly global all hands, the bi-weekly Friday lunch, internal campaigns and create a technology-based dynamic conversation with Boxers.
If you’re interested in this role, you should have experience working with executives to develop a narrative and comms strategy. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment where you collaborate across various groups within the organization. You should have a passion for storytelling, like to write and edit content and a strong fluency in internal comms metrics, benchmarks and analytics. Above all, we're looking for someone creative, with a can-do attitude and a sense of fun. You should think disruptively and not be afraid to question the status quo of internal comms. And you should bring a passion for how technology is changing the way we work.
- Partner with Box's Execs to simplify and articulate our company narrative
- Write, edit, and review a wide variety of internal comms content, drive consistent framing of messages andensuring reflection of Box's strategic vision & culture, and make Boxers feel more connected every day
- Plan and execute unique employee experiences, channels and other creative ideas that will allow you to deliver communications that inform and engage Boxers across the globe (e.g., all-hands, email, FAQs, trainings, IM, intranet, videos, etc.)
- Provide strategic counsel to Box Execs, including its CEO and COO, and develop messaging and presentations for both proactive and reactive comms, including updates, key initiatives, and industry issues
- Develop & deliver a quarterly internal communication plan with budget, narrative and programs aimed at supporting Box's strategy, objectives and culture
- Maintain a close working partnership with Box's External Comms team in planning, resourcing and identifying areas that will benefit from close coordination. Play a central role in cultivating and coordinating team efforts across other communicators (i.e. Marketing, Brand, External Comms, IT, People, Strategic Planning, etc) to promote the strategic internal comms agenda, identify communication opportunities, and foster collaboration and mutual support
- Strong understanding of the different roles and values of External Comms, Media Relations, and Internal Comms, as well as the ability to combine these effectively as part of an integrated strategy
- Measure and present results of internal comms efforts to prove effectiveness
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 7 - 10 years of professional experience in Internal Comms, External Comms, Copywriting, or Product Marketing in technology (B2B a plus)
- Exceptional storytelling, writing and editing skills - you should have an opinion on serial commas
- Excellent understanding of internal communications channels, content development and metrics
- Strong business acumen, analytical ability and outstanding communications skills
- Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications
- Experience developing and executing social programs in collaboration with executives and senior leaders/subject matter experts
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
Back to top