Group Product Marketing Manager, Box Governance
At Box, we’re rethinking – and disrupting – traditional enterprise software markets. Box is at the heart of major shifts in the consumerization of IT, new worker expectations and enabling digital workplace. With 66% of Fortune 500 and 66,000 customers, Box has one of the most vibrant and robust partner ecosystems that includes a who’s who in the industry including IBM, Microsoft, Workplace, Salesforce, and more.
Are you ready to own the commercial success of our hottest new product?
As our Group Product Marketing Manager (Group PMM) for Box Governance, you will be responsible for drivingrevenue growth, go-to-market strategy, and clear differentiation of Box Governance. Box Governance is our most popular and rapidly growing new product and is transforming how organizations address their legal, regulatory, and business mandates for cloud content.
This role will own or drive the overall plans around go-to-market, pricing and packaging, message/positioning, field/partner enablement, product launches, strategic partnerships, and, jointly with product management, are the “face” of the product to the external world. This person will not only represent Box with customers, analysts, and partners but will also work closely with functional and product leaders and teams in the company including the Executive team, Product, Marketing, Customers Success and Sales leaders.
Ideally, the candidate has spent time in product marketing or a strategic go-to-market role with a strong emphasis on commercial success metrics. You are data driven but able to leverage market insights, trends, and inputs from both inside and outside the company to make impactful decisions. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated strong leadership and influence skills, ability to achieve goals and find direction amidst uncertainty, as well as strengths in marketing messaging, positioning and operationalizing product go-to-market programs.
This is a unique opportunity to own a strategic piece of the business and transform how organizations of all sizes approach Information Governance in the cloud while keeping their employees productive.
- Develop plans to achieve our business goals including customer adoption and financial goals
- Analyze market and customer data to draw insights that will influence the overall plans
- Define, communicate and execute the go-to-market strategy for Box Governance, including a clear definition ofthe target customer segments, prioritization, and approach
- Become a subject matter expert on the audience, product, and market trends related to Box Governance
- Develop compelling, differentiated messaging and positioning, with a clear understanding of the target customer/audience and the core capabilities of the offering
- Partner with the product team to influence product roadmap and launch, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Work closely with sales/channel teams to ensure the value proposition, assets, training, support structures, andincentive plans are all in place for a strong sales motion
- Collaborate with field/global marketing as well as AR and PR to ensure demand-gen and influencer programs are ready to drive the highest level of interest and excitement in the market place
- Manage and execute the launch of new features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the product launch plan
- Engage directly with prospects and customers to learn about their information governance needs and educate them about Box Governance
- Identify and develop collaborations/partnerships with 3rd parties to achieve common goals
- Track record of achieving and exceeding quantitative goals in fast-paced environments
- 7+ years of relevant experience with focus on enterprise products and customers
- Experience in working effectively with sales and channel teams
- Highly-proactive, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects and ruthless prioritization
- Passion about our space, intensity in your work, and ability to stay calm in the face of a challenge
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to execute in an environment where things are not always crystal clear
- Passion for cross-functional collaboration and comfort in the spotlight of high-visibility initiatives
- Ability to create clear and compelling messages as well as willingness to roll up the sleeves to create externally-facing assets or internal deliverables
- Previous experience with information governance, content management, and enterprise IT is preferred
- MBA from a top tier program is preferred, but not required
Back to top