It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers. We have a large and quickly growing customer base that includes 60% of the Fortune 500. Yet we're small enough that each product manager frequently ships critical products that change the way millions of people work.
We're looking for a leader who will reinvent our core infrastructure and bring innovative tech to enterprises that value security and compliance.
Why the team needs you
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that sits at the core of Box's multi-cloud strategy. Our infrastructure is infinitely flexible, we have many options for how our customers consume resources, how we route network traffic, and additional product functionality to include. As we plan for even more growth, we’re looking to add someone who can drive designing and implementing the next generation of our infrastructure.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
We are a product-driven company and our product managers are highly visible and engaged across the business. On one day, you'll be talking to the IT team that drives hundreds of thousands of Box users at a Fortune 500 company. The next, you'll be evaluating the market penetration of your product, how to drive increased adoption, and improve the user experience.
Who you are
You have deep technical experience with large-scale data systems and great product instincts. You love architecting realtime pipelines, designing ML powered applications, and building data platforms. You enjoy getting into the nitty-gritty details of technical infrastructure and shipping products that solve important customer problems. You understand the metrics that drive the business. You're a lifelong learner that is looking to build your product management skills in a chaotic environment. Most of all, you're excited to work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering to build amazing products.
We're looking for a leader who will reinvent our core infrastructure and bring innovative tech to enterprises that value security and compliance. The Group Product Manager, Data Platform has experience with building and running a high-volume, highly-reliable, and powerful platform that powers data-related product features in a web-scale company.
Here's the fine print:
- You have at least five years experience as a product manager (and preferably have led a product team).
- You have experience working with data-related products at web-scale companies.
- You’re familiar with large-scale data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, ElasticSearch, Solr, and Public Cloud managed services).
- You’re excited about a wide range of the data engineering projects from event delivery SLAs and high currency queues to new machine learning capabilities.
- You have experience (or deep interest!) in applied machine learning and AI.
- You "get" the enterprise product challenge - that is, you understand how enterprises work and the security/compliance environment they have to operate in.
- You have an innate curiosity and willingness to dive deep into product architecture.
- You have a technical background (CS degree, etc.).
Sound interesting? We look forward to meeting you!