Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from competition. We are changing the way people work at a global scale.
The Enterprise workflow team is building a mission-critical platform to help customers power their business processes. We are building features that allow customers to setup, track and manage all their work in one place in an efficient and pleasant way. We are looking for people to join our team to work closely with our product and other engineering teams to define the future of our platform and its architecture.
Why the team needs you
We are just starting out on our journey to build an intelligent workflow platform to support business processes at scale. We're looking for someone with deep expertise and passion for building out enterprise systems that are able to handle complex use-cases in a robust and easy-to-use way. You will help craft our product and technical vision for one of the critical areas of Box, leveraging existing infrastructure and platform capabilities as well as any new and emerging technologies in the industry.
Why Box needs you
As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We believe that with the intelligent workflow platform we can help people work smarter, achieve team goals faster, communicate status effortlessly and minimized distractions. You can help us build this platform.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and scale mission-critical platform for Box. As a technical leader of the Enterprise team, you will work across organizational and team boundaries to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product and business goals. You will lead significant technology initiatives from end to end and across multiple layers of architecture. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll take a key role in architecting our next generation workflow platform
- You'll collaborate with others senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy for Box application
- You'll drive design and implementation of workflow services
- You'll coach and mentor other engineers and teams
- You'll develop high-quality code
Who you are
- You have 15+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have demonstrated experience in architecting and building large-scale highly-available distributed systems
- You have experience with ECM, BPM solutions
- You're able to deal with ambiguity and drive projects independently
- You thrive in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field
Find out about our engineering team
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.