Director, Legal - Commercial Sales
Today, Box helps millions of customers worldwide untether from their desks and share content in the cloud. People can now work anywhere, on any device and collaborate across the globe with complete ease and security. It’s a time of incredible growth. Our search for a Director, Legal/Commercial Contracts is critical to our scalability and success.
As the leader in Cloud Content Management, Box is unique and visionary in enabling enterprises transform how people work together. We are defining a brand new market for Cloud Content Management. Today, Box has more than 41 million users and powers over 85,000 businesses—including 69% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
We’re looking for a hands-on individual with the people skills to work with leaders across the organization and be part of a high performing team. Reporting to the Vice President, Legal, this Director will be focused on leading a team of lawyers and contracts managers that support our Sales organization by drafting, negotiating and closing commercial transactions for the purchase of Box's products and services. This position is located in Box headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Technical Experiences & Requirements:
- Manage a legal team that supports our sellers across various regions, including the US, Canada, Australia and more.
- Support in the negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements, primarily enterprise cloud agreements involving nuanced global data protection, privacy, IP, and risk management issues.
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stakeholders on a broad range of complex legal, business, and strategic issues.
- Direct the research of legal issues, drafting and updating of templates, policies, and playbooks, and work on other projects as needed.
Attributes & Leadership Qualities:
- Recruit, manage, train, and mentor senior staff and adhere to professional practice requirements.
- Driving an organization that aligns to business objectives, communicate this vision to executive management and inspire team members to execute on that vision.
- Accustomed to working in an early-stage company environment and energized by helping a business grow.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and groups.
- At ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- A fast-learning self-starter with an outstanding record and a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills built through managing and developing teams.
- A candid leader who can show good intent, with strong internal and external negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and technically adept.
- A team player, with a sense of humor.
- Great listening skills.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Operates with integrity.
Qualifications & Education:
- JD, admitted to the California Bar in good standing or registered in-house counsel.
- Experience with cloud business models, together with the related legal, business, and technical issues.
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience, preferably with a mixture of in-house experience and experience at a recognized law firm.
- Strong track record of managing high-performing teams.
- Experience interpreting and ensuring compliance with data security, IP law, and US and EU privacy laws.
Back to top