Director, Field Marketing
Box is actively looking for an outstanding Director, Field Marketing to join the Field and Strategic Marketing team. This is a great opportunity to help shape a growing organization, and is a very hands-on, multi-faceted, and dynamic position. The position is located in our Redwood City headquarters office.
The key objectives of this role are to both manage the US/Canada Field Marketing team and to drive and execute game-changing regional marketing programs across the US/Canada to build pipeline for Box. This role also includes a hands-on element of directly managing the organization. Working closely with the field marketing leaders, as well as the sales leaders, this person will plan and execute events and campaigns that are focused on high-touch engagement with our target buyers (CIOs and senior IT, CMOs, heads of sales, heads of R&D, etc.) with a goal of driving new engagement with prospects and moving existing opportunities forward. In addition, this person will manage the field marketing operations for the US/Canada, and coordinate with the regional marketing leaders in EMEA and APJ.
An added responsibility of this role is to use Salesforce.com (our CRM system) to its utmost capacity in tracking field activities, from invites to events through to opportunity creation. Ideally, Salesforce.com becomes the means by which the company knows who we’re engaging with our campaigns, who sales is inviting to events, our acceptance rates, attendance rates, number of opportunities created and of course, revenue driven by field marketing events and programs.
There will be a great deal of close planning and alignment with the corporate events and other marketing teams to ensure that the national and global campaigns, events and programs are leveraged in the field and that messaging is consistent globally.
- Develop quarterly and yearly plans to increase awareness for Box customers and prospects with regional, high-touch events primarily focused on senior buyers that drive revenue
- Support and help execute national and global events that take place in the various regions when needed
- Coordinate and align plans with other marketing teams to ensure maximum use of resources and to minimize overlap/conflict
- Lead the field marketing team to excellence and better than expected results
- Make Salesforce the default tracking and reporting mechanism to gauge effectiveness of field marketing and pipeline-driven
- Ensure corporate marketing priorities, messages and use cases are showcased in regional programs and events
- Provide marketing support to sales throughout the region
- Integrate and leverage key technology partners within the region to access new prospects and demonstrate combined value with the partners
- Give feedback on requirements, gaps and desires from sales to the rest of the team
- Measure success by reporting on leads generated, contribution to sales pipeline, and revenue growth attributed to regional marketing programs
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years of successful experience in marketing, field marketing and/or demand gen campaigns, preferably at least 5 of those years in high-tech field marketing
- BA/BS degree in business (marketing, communications or related area) or equivalent
- Experience leading a team to better-than-expected results
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, including the tracking of marketing programs, dashboard creation, etc.
- Experience with sales team and sales leadership
- Experience with budget management and event planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally
- Can-do attitude, good sense of humor, hard worker, self-starter
- Ability to work at both tactical and strategic level
- Has ideally managed others in dispersed geographical team
Back to top