Every file that is uploaded to Box is touched by our Conversion architecture. We are the biggest service footprint in the company after the web service itself. Our Conversion stack is undergoing a massive overhaul from hardware to the latest ephemeral containers. With that redux, we are updating it to be even more performant, adaptable, and secure. The people that build and maintain this large stack are the Platform Content Conversion Engineering team. And we want you to help us take the experience to a whole new level.
Do these sound familiar...
- You are a PHP, Scala, and service-savvy coding maniac
- ...with 10+ years of experience
- ...and you are used to crafting elegant and scalable solutions
- ...for data center and public cloud installations?
Are you fanatical about great code, and...
- You stay up at night trying the latest technologies?
- ...you dream of how you will be able to delete huge blocks of spaghetti with a more performant code?
- ...you make to-do lists about how the next code you write will solve even bigger customer issues?
...then your next career success is awaiting you here at Box. All that is left is for you to come and proclaim, "Challenge Accepted!"
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who want to deliver on time and with high quality. Come be among your peers—other bar raisers who are passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
We put the employee-first at Box. We know the formula to delight our customers start with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly shows are our #1 asset—through a dynamic work environment filled with smart colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we do great work.
Our group is a highly collaborative scrum team that directly impacts the experience of 40+ million users. As an Engineer here, you'll impact everything about the way we work, leading projects, making major technology decisions, mentoring other engineers, setting a high bar for excellence, and helping to maintain a supportive and fun team atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to own projects and drive architectural, technological, and even product decisions. Help us 10x Box to enhance every piece of Content in the world!
- You have 10+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You are proficient in PHP, Scala, and similar languages
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You know how to build for scale and performance
- You stay up-to-date on the the latest large-scale security methodologies
- You have an academic background in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with modern scalable architectures
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub.
- Demonstrated security and performance prowess
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Impress us even more and learn our deep dark secrets! Here's some homework...
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at developer.box.com.
- Grab a free account and make your Content more valuable: Hit us up at box.com.