Solve challenging infrastructure, application performance, and scalability issues for one of the fastest growing Enterprise companies. At Box we are proud to serve more than 41 million users across 54,000 businesses, including 55% of the Fortune 500.
As a Capacity/Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for managing infrastructure capacity and working closely with developers to ensure reliability, scalability, performance, and efficiency of Box’s infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to develop a capacity and performance framework from the ground up to manage both cloud and non-cloud infrastructure.
If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, leveraging Open Source, tooling & automation, and agile concepts, and are interested in opportunities to work at a hyper-scale company, we have just the job for you.
- Contribute in building automation capabilities in Capacity & Performance analytics, Capacity as a Service framework, and data collection with large data.
- Build and operate automation and analytics on multi-terabyte data sets for all site infrastructure performance data to ensure efficient infrastructure scaling in public and private clouds, directly impacting >25% of total company spending
- Benchmark next generation hardware
- Build internal customer-facing self service portals to allow users to understand their infrastructure capacity, efficiency, and costs
- Proactively engage in site-wide infrastructure health analysis
- Work with the Fulfillment/Logistics and Supply Chain teams to ensure infrastructure purchases are properly planned to meet demands and timeline.
- Basic Linux/Unix skills
- Experience with Big Data analytics tools (Ex. Pig/Hive) preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics preferred
- Basic front end development skills (Ex. Ruby, PHP) preferred
- Basic data visualization skills (ex. Tableau, D3) preferred
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
Back to top