Business Continuity Manager
We're looking for a motivated Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager that can support Box's Business Continuity program initiatives, drive continuous improvement of Box's internal processes, and ensure Box's business resiliency meets customer and regulatory requirements. Specifically, the Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for planning and managing the Recovery Plans of existing business critical applications as well as the critical IT infrastructure. This includes creating disaster recovery documentation, overseeing disaster recovery tests, creating reports, and working closely with a wide range of internal departments.
- Assist with conducting and managing Business Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments across key business functions
- Facilitate and gather requirements to develop and maintain DR plans
- Discover, analyze, and certify the alignment of business recovery requirements with IT recovery capabilities to ensure plans are sound
- Establish practical and achievable Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives (RTO/RPO) as required and propose recommended solutions for meeting business requirements
- Develop a comprehensive test plan and conduct DR tests that include coordinated recoveries with data centers; develop reports and action plans
- Provide subject matter expertise to IT and facility projects ensuring high availability, appropriate risk mitigation, and recoverability that conforms to business needs.
- Work collaboratively with technology teams to identify potential technology resilience risks in project initiatives.
- Provide support during emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of continuity plans
- Assist in other projects/activities as required to maintain the Business Continuity Program
- Maintain documentation for review by auditors and regulators
- Provide general Compliance and internal/external audit support to other Box teams and customers
- BS Degree in Business or Management Information Systems or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Business Continuity/ IT Disaster Recovery planning, Risk Management, or related area
- Certification through an established Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery regulatory body such as DRII or BCI
- Familiarity with standards: ISO 22301:2012, NIST, FFIEC Appendix J, and etc. (preferred)
- Experience in managing multiple projects and working with cross-functional teams
- Amazing organizational skills!
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to hustle, get stuff done, and have strong integrity - make MOM proud!
- Willingness and flexibility to wear different hats and work on different areas where needed
- Strong analytical and Google skills
- We're a tightly knit team and expect you to be a team player who helps out wherever needed
- Willingness and ability to travel to domestic and international locations if necessary
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top