Account Executive, Platform Sales (Redwood City, CA)
Since our IPO in January 2015, Box has grown at a record speed and we are looking for dynamic, ambitious, and hungry Sales Executives to contribute to our growth. As a Platform Sales Executive, you will help drive sales for the most exciting and ground breaking solution areas, Box Platform. As a Box Platform Sales Executive, you should have an understanding of Platform-As-A-Service (PAAS) concepts, great account and opportunity management skills, know when to prioritize closing deals on your own and when to shift focus on supporting a field account executive. Day to day responsibilities include working with Box Enterprise Account Executives and their accounts to create, develop, manage and close Box Platform up-sells, cross-sells, and net-new business deals.
This role is for a technically creative sales rep with 2-3 years closing experience who wants to focus on enterprise customers building custom applications on the Box Platform. To be considered, you will have a track record of success in a team-selling environment, prospecting and organizational skills, and love to win. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology, has sold complex solutions, and can consult with internal AE’s and external customers.
- Help Box Account Executives identify platform opportunities with install and net new account base
- Work with field sales, inside and outbound teams on PAAS demand generating campaigns
- Lead discovery and qualification conversations with CTO, CDO, VP of Apps and application developers
- Provide deal dynamics intelligence: requirements, decision criteria, roadblocks, timeline, budget, competitors
- Conduct customer presentations (including first line demos)
- Do deal quotes, pricing assist, and negotiation
- Lead deal inspection: forecast calls participation, territory management, update SFDC (CRM)
- Use our big deal support infrastructure, work with deal desk on quoting, closure, etc.
- Assist in the development and propagation of enablement material to the field
- Provide PAAS Training and be a subject matter expert at business critical events:
- Sales Kickoff
- Field Events
- Executive Center Presentations
- Resource support
- 4-year degree required
- Strong background in lead sourcing and campaign generation
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience with an additional 2-3 years of closing experience in software sales
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with sales leadership and customer prospects
- Highly organized with extraordinary follow up skills
- Technically adept, understanding of software and how businesses can use Box to better deliver improved content experiences.
- Knowledge of other development platforms and applications and how to speak to CTO’s, CDO (Chief Digital Officer), VP of Applications and software developers
- SaaS, Content Management, Platform-As-A-Service experience a plus, but not required
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to simplify complex concepts for broad audiences
- A great can-do attitude and wired to collaborate with the team
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team as well as using their own initiative
- Able to travel to customers and train off-site
- Awesome coworkers
- Casual dress
- Competitive time off policies including paid holidays and your birthday off
- Free lunch and fully stocked kitchens with lots of snacks and drinks
- Local and national corporate discounts
- Maternity and paternity plans
- Pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Robust wellness program including financial education classes
- Subsidized gym membership and cell phone data plan
- Top notch medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan (Roth and Pre-Tax options available)
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top