- Kearny, NJ
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
When you join the Bowery Farming team as a Modern Farmer you’ll get a chance to be a part of a team that produces fresh leafy greens. In this hands-on role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in the daily care of our plants.
As a fast-growing company, this role will allow you the potential to learn about the business with career paths in Food Safety, Production, Quality Control, Shipping and Receiving, and Farm leadership roles. If you’re up for learning quickly, thriving in a fast-paced & being flexible, apply now to see what Bowery Farming is all about!
What You'll Do:
- Seed, transplant, harvest, and pack our crops to get ready for customer shipment
- Keep the farm, farm equipment and work areas clean and organized using the 5S methodology
- Be a leader when it comes to using personal protective equipment and adhering to workforce safety and food safety practices
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure we’re producing amazing food
- Operate as a team and participate in improvement projects to help drive world-class operations initiatives
- Work with integrated technology and operating systems to manage the farm and our plants
What You Are:
- Ability to work full-time (average 40 hours per week) on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to work in a cold climate-controlled environment which is around 35℉
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food-safe environment at all times
- Self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm
- Maintains high productivity level by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period of time
- Ability to take direction and implement changes quickly
- Work up to 4 days per week for 12-hour shifts (breaks and lunch included)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (farm operation is 24/7, 365 days a year)
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top