Shipping and Inventory Lead
- Baltimore, MD
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking a Shipping and Inventory Lead to join the Farm Operations team. This role will oversee day to day duties required to manage the Receiving Dock and Inventory replenishment at Bowery’s vertical farm in Baltimore, MD. This person will work closely with other members of Farm Operations, Facilities Maintenance, and Supply Chain teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Accept and signs for deliveries.
- Assist in unloading shipments from delivery truck.
- Uses pallet jacks to transport shipments from loading dock and around stockroom.
- Open boxes and inspect content of shipments.
- Verifies shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items.
- Ensures area organization, cleanliness, and assists with trash removal.
- Conducts inventory of products, and logs data into inventory database.
- Conduct inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Communicate inventory delays or concerns with appropriate urgency to key stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve supply shortfalls by identifying missed deliveries.
- Complete order prep up for outbound shipping truck departures.
- Retrieve and organize packaged product based on each customers’ order to be shipped the following day.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Who You Are:
- You are detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- You have the ability to act like an owner and take on responsibility.
- You are capable of lifting and moving up to 50 lbs.
- You have the ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- You have basic math skills.
- You work well with a team. Communicates clearly and effectively.
- You manage time efficiently.
- You demonstrate solid problem-solving skills.
- You demonstrate awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
Bowery's headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
Back to top