Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
As a Bowery Farming Sales Representative, you will have the extraordinary opportunity to help a mission-based, high-growth start-up democratize access to the freshest and highest quality local produce available. The role will be located within the Mid-Atlantic region near Philadelphia and will be responsible for developing strong relationships with our customers while seeking out opportunities to continue to grow and expand distribution.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a dynamic and high volume sales route spanning Western PA, Southeast PA and Baltimore, covering key retail partners like Giant Food, Safeway/Acme, Shoprite, Walmart, Whole Foods and select independent stores
- Grow sales and velocity by working directly with Produce Managers to ensure orders are placed on time and the appropriate amount of product is being ordered to reduce out-of-stocks, increase sales and reduce shrink
- Hunt for and pitch new business within the Independent Grocery channel in your territory
- Build relationships with existing customers so they come to trust you and view Bowery Farming as a ‘Best in Class’ partner
- Gain and share knowledge about the industry, the needs of our customers, the competition and leverage this knowledge to accelerate sales and become an Ambassador for Bowery Farming and a consultative salesperson for our retail partners
- Utilize insights, industry intel, sales, and financial data to present features, benefits and overcome objections to up-sell and position Bowery as the leader within the category
- Execute plan-o-grams to ensure the proper space and point of sale is being utilized
- Rotate product and manage inventory to maintain freshness and reduce shrink
- Execute pricing and promotions according to the Bowery price letter and marketing plan
- Maximize points of distribution for all Bowery products
- Collaborate with operations, marketing, finance, and the senior sales team to provide intel and insights to help Bowery position itself as the leader in the market
- Work with operations to ensure all customers are being serviced on time and in-full
Who You Are:
- You have sales experience (sales experience in consumer packaged goods is a plus)
- You are highly energetic – able to engage effectively, influence retailer decisions and communicate with multiple personality types
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You are goal-oriented, highly organized and well-planned
- You know how to operate independently and you have an entrepreneurial spirit – the Account Sales Representative will primarily work alone on sales calls and set his/her own schedule based on the needs of the accounts
- You have a car - daily car travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region to accounts
- You have a true passion for improving our food system through the use of technology and the ability to translate this passion into a compelling selling story
- You are enthusiastic about Bowery’s mission
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.