Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. We build smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models, and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture. For more insight on our culture, our teams, and all the things that make us so unique, check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast.
About The Role:
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Recruiter to assist with hiring for all hourly positions at our farms. You’ll join Bowery Farming at a critical point in our growth trajectory as a full-cycle recruiter. You’ll be the primary stakeholder to build exceptional teams for Bowery and recruit across a wide variety of roles. You’ll work with our People team to create an inclusive, consistent framework for our hiring, implementing processes and technology to streamline staffing efforts in the near and long term. You’ll join a small and scrappy team in a hands-on role where you wear many hats and get to make a real, lasting impact in the space.
What You'll Do:
- Recruit a high volume of roles across all of our Farms
- Devise a talent strategy that aligns with our overarching business needs and reaches talent across functions and geographies
- Work closely with leadership to identify hiring needs, plan for team growth, calibrate for role fit, and close key hires
- Deliver a smooth and memorable candidate experience at all stages of the interview process
- Build successful hiring pipelines by proactively recruiting and sourcing talent for future needs
- Drive ongoing measurement and assessment of recruiting performance through metrics and reporting to ensure hiring goals are met
Who You Are:
- A full-cycle recruiter with excellent sourcing and time management skills
- A passionate and articulate communicator, ready to be the public face and voice of Bowery
- Someone who understands and will be guided by the importance of having a diverse workplace
- A thought leader with a knack for building talented teams and improving process
- A poised multi-tasker comfortable in a fast-paced environment with overlapping deadlines
- A data-driven and analytical thinker who can leverage recruiting metrics
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. To date, we have raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.