Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Full-Time Farmer to join the AgScience Team. The R&D Farm Operator will be responsible for the execution of farming and R&D-related tasks in the R&D facility. With the goal of operational excellence, the R&D Farm Operator will work with the Farm Manager to execute the day to day operations of the Farm including seeding, transplanting, and harvesting. The Farm Operator will also work to collect R&D measurements and on continuous improvement projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Set up and maintenance of experimental systems
- Breakdown of experiments - clean trays, reservoirs, pipes, and rafts
- Plant Culture - work involved in seeding, transplanting, harvesting
- 60% farm operations & 40% data collection and processing on a daily basis
- Plant Science - mass measurements, assist in taking plant physiology measurements, data entry
Who You Are:
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- A high level of ownership of the R&D operations
- Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
- Willingness to work occasionally on weekends when required
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.