R&D Farm Operator
- Kearny, NJ
Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce — in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowery’s farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. They’re 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce – the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be – with a fraction of the water and land.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Full-Time Farmer to join the AgScience Team. The R&D Farm Operator will be responsible for execution of farming and R&D related tasks in the R&D facility. With the goal of operational excellence, the R&D Farm Operator will work with the Farm Manager to execute the day to day operations of the Farm including seeding, transplanting and harvesting. The Farm Operator will also work to collect R&D measurements and on continuous improvement projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Set up and maintenance of experimental systems
- Breakdown of experiments - clean trays, reservoirs, pipes, and rafts.
- Plant Culture - work involved in seeding, transplanting, harvesting
- 60% farm operations & 40% data collection and processing on a daily basis
- Plant Science - mass measurements, assist in taking plant physiology measurements, data entry
Who You Are:
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- A high level of ownership of the R&D operations
- Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
- Willingness to work occasionally on weekends when required
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
Back to top