Production Associate - New Jersey
- Kearny, NJ
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $472 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek, Fidelity, and Almanac
About The Role:
When you join the Bowery Farming team as a Modern Farmer you’ll get a chance to be a part of a team that produces fresh leafy greens. In this hands-on role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in the daily care of our plants.
As a fast-growing company, this role will allow you the potential to learn about the business with career paths in Food Safety, Production, Quality Control, Shipping and Receiving, and Farm leadership roles. If you’re up for learning quickly, thriving in a fast-paced & being flexible, apply now to see what Bowery Farming is all about!
Shifts available to choose from:
Front Half: Sunday to Wednesday (7AM-6:30PM)
Back Half: Wednesday to Saturday (7AM-6:30PM)
What You'll Do:
- Seed, transplant, harvest, and pack our crops to get ready for customer shipment
- Keep the farm, farm equipment and work areas clean and organized using the 5S methodology
- Be a leader when it comes to using personal protective equipment and adhering to workforce safety and food safety practices
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure we’re producing amazing food
- Operate as a team and participate in improvement projects to help drive world-class operations initiatives
- Work with integrated technology and operating systems to manage the farm and our plants
What You Are:
- Ability to work full-time (average 40 hours per week) on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to work in a cold climate-controlled environment which is around 35℉
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food safe environment at all times
- Self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm
- Maintains high productivity level by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period of time
- Ability to take direction and implement changes quickly
- Work up to 4 days per week for 12 hour shifts (breaks and lunch included)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (farm operation is 24/7, 365 days a year)
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top