Product Manager (Mid/Senior)
- New York, NY
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About the Role:
Product Managers at Bowery create technology strategy, steer our technology teams as they execute the plan, and manage the ongoing lifecycle of products we’ve deployed. The stakeholders are many and varied. Each need will require a well-formulated business case that comprehends effort, returned value, and prioritization amongst competing interests. Well-documented returns will drive the pace of investment for the BoweryOS team. The BoweryOS team spans the disciplines of software, hardware, analytics, and machine learning to provide solutions across the business. Our technology products are central to how Bowery operates and improves with focus areas in Automation, Agriculture, Commercial, and Work Management. Product Managers work cross-functionally alongside the BoweryOS team technology team to facilitate the strategy for the creation and ongoing support of the Bowery Operating System and beyond.
What You'll Do:
- Working cross-functionally with engineering, data science, farm operations, farm development, agricultural science, marketing, finance and sales to determine function and priority of new and existing applications
- Develop methods and systems for rapid prototyping
- Lead iterative development of existing applications
- Engage directly with stakeholders on the ground in our production farms and R+D facilities
- Responsible for launch of new products which includes ensuring a smooth handoff and continued enablement of products to other teams within the company
- Own the intake process for requests and feature ideas related to BoweryOS development.
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the capabilities of our Farms and supporting operations.
Who You Are:
- You have a keen product intuition and an empathetic design sensibility, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of who you build for.
- You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; they possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- You’re comfortable managing in all directions - up, across, and down
- You’re confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
- Hardware and Machine Learning product experience a plus
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
Back to top