Farm Production Operator
- Kearny, NJ
Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce — in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowery’s farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. They’re 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce – the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be – with a fraction of the water and land.
About The Role:
We’re building the tetchiest farms in the world. Different from traditional farming, our farms depend on automation technologies as an integrated component of delivering each day’s harvest. We’re looking for technicians that have experience configuring, monitoring and running production on complex systems. Examples may include ASRS, conveyance, 3D printing, high volume assembly, food processing, robotic processing or custom automation. Your experience may include none of these but you consider yourself a savvy technologist who’s not intimidated by either new software or gears and motors.
What You'll Do:
- Work up 3-4 days per week from 3:00PM - 2:30AM with breaks and lunch
- Get the automation system ready for production and monitor its performance during the production day. You’ll be engaged an evolving set of tools that you’ll be responsible for using and providing feedback on.
- Align with the production team on creating the natural interactions between farm operators and automation.
- Team with the mechanics and engineers to identify opportunities and test their mechanical and software based solutions.
Who You Are:
- You’ve worked with automation systems and are comfortable with concepts surround both the software and the mechanical components. (You don’t need to be a software engineer or a mechanic!)
- Your somewhat of a power user of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- You’ve had experience with User Interfaces that connect to industrial equipment
- You’re a team player and work well with others in the face of challenges and a common mission
- Safety is your overriding priority and you think safety first in every situation.
- You’re looking to build a future with a company that is a leader in the Ag-Tech space.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
Back to top