- Baltimore, MD
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
Bowery Farming is seeking a Facilities Coordinator who will manage the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for our indoor farms. Reporting to the Regional Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for administering and managing the CMMS, which includes preventative, reactive and predictive maintenance activities and resources for the Mid-Atlantic region. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with managers and technicians, engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, retail and other functions, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry. This role will be based at Bowery Farming’s newest state-of-the-art modern farming facility in Baltimore, Maryland.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in implementing, and manage, a CMMS that covers multiple farm sites and includes maintenance scheduling and work orders, spare parts, consumables and reporting functions
- Compile, maintain and update CMMS records
- Manage and monitor records of maintenance activities within the CMMS system
- Assist the Facility Managers with allocation of resources to complete maintenance activities
- Manage spare parts and consumables inventory within the CMMS and work with Bowery Supply Chain and vendors to ensure a regular supply
- Coordinate with vendors for orders and deliveries
- Assist in periodic inventory cycle counts at the Baltimore and other facilities
- Attend meetings, and distribute reports related to the maintenance scheduling and inventories
- Design and produce periodic reports from the CMMS system to inform Facilities Management, Supply Chain and Finance on resources, usage, needs, and trends
- Collect, analyze and present data in order to proactively identify issues or develop plans to resolve existing issues
- Collaborate with functions across Bowery to identify and understand operational opportunities for improvement.
Who You Are:
- You have relevant experience in a related role
- You posses experience in understanding requirements in manufacturing operations and/or automation
- You have a strong knowledge of inventory management systems
- Understand continuous improvement initiatives & culture
- You posses excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to influence peers
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Detail & process oriented
- Have the ability to travel within the region
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
Back to top