Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About the Role:
Bowery Farming is solving the biggest challenges our food system is facing at a systemic level by re-thinking what agriculture looks like in a world with a rapidly increasing population and dwindling resources. This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
The Asset Care Manager reports to the General Manager and will play a key role in maintaining our farm assets and increasing farm efficiency as we continue to grow. The leader will possess both people management and design/innovation skills. This role will ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and run safely and efficiently and will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities. Our ability to maintain healthy, efficient facilities and equipment operations will help drive Bowery’s growth into a worldwide network of interconnected farms.
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team in areas such as safety, planning, TPM/reliability, cost, efficiency, quality, and labor utilization
- Develop and implement the farm’s overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs (PM,PdM), leveraging CMMS for planning and scheduling.
- Utilizing the CMMS, ensure that preventative maintenance and demand work orders are completed on time and with high quality
- Implement reliability best practices in order to minimize downtime, MTTR, and maximize equipment efficiency
- Lead corrective, preventive, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Champion the creation of and attainment of maintenance departmental goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements and make recommendations to Management
- Seek, develop, implement and facilitate training programs for all Maintenance personnel
- Responsible for farm facilities systems, building, and support equipment
- Facilitate the Lock-out Tag-out, Hot Work Permit, Confined Space Entry, and other critical safety programs
- Responsible for personnel functions - attendance, discipline, vacation approval, coverage, etc.
- Participate in recruitment, management, and development of the maintenance team
- Support the creation and delivery of operational objectives, facilities services, programs, and contracts for farm facility
- Participate in annual budget development, financial variance, and operations analysis
- Assure capital projects, operations projects, and reconfigurations are managed by the maintenance team with outstanding customer service
- Conduct regular, formal site condition inspections and develop solutions for systemic needs
Who You Are:
- Experience in professional maintenance/facilities management or engineering - a significant portion of which should demonstrate success in managing diverse teams, complex facilities, and rapid growth
- Experience building and managing a team or department within a startup or entrepreneurial setting
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong customer service orientation
- Comfortable with legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts
- Strong in supplier and stakeholder management
- Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems in a complex MEP environment
- Recognized Facility Management professional certification (IFMA or other) desired
- Project management experience / PMP certification desired
- Experience in setting up/improving asset management systems and CMMS desired
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.