Agriculture Technical Assistant
- Baltimore, MD
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About the Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking an Agriculture Technical Assistant who will be supporting the daily growing operations in our indoor vertical farms. You will be responsible for collecting key metrics & daily crop evaluations as well as evaluating daily system audits to ensure optimal growing conditions. You will perform all tasks based on standard operating procedures and the continuous improvement of our standard operating procedures. You will maintain focus on the plant material and the accuracy of the data collection. In order to achieve this, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. With the support of the growing operation team, you will be able to Set Big Bold Goals, interpret data, and deliver business results. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, and other functions, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry.
What You'll Do:
- Supporting farm ops team regarding crop health protocols
- Execute all crop culture SOPs and drive compliance with crop schedules in partnership with supervisors
- Collect & assist in analyzing data in order to proactively identify crop issues
- Consistent system inspection in the farm to make sure that the environmental conditions are optimal for production and within the target
- Water and Nutrient Management (including collecting microbial samples, monitoring and recording water EC and pH values, mixing stock solution fertilizers).
- Integrated pest management procedures
- Ensure all required KPI’s are met regarding facilities goals on safety, production, quality, and costs
- Promote the maintenance of production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about our mission, excited to revolutionize agriculture
- You have knowledge of farming & growing operations
- You have the versatility to collaborate with individuals across various functions
- You have excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- You love to learn & have a strong work ethic
- You have strong attention to detail
- You practice safe work habits in a food safe environment at all times
- You are a self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm
- You maintain a high productivity level by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period of time
- You have the ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top