Senior Data Engineer
The Data Engineering team is developing the backbone and the brain of BounceX solutions. To do this, the team is using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks such as Big Query, Spanner, Bigtable, Dataflow (Apache Beam) and Airflow to process, analyze data, to help automate machine learning models, and to expose predictions to various systems and insights to people externally and internally. We work together with other data engineering teams and with data scientists and actively participate in developing BounceX new innovative solutions. We are 100% on Google Cloud Platform and utilize many of its managed services. Today, the team works at internet scale, with hundreds of millions of users and billions of page views per month.
- BounceX Data Platform: Contribute to the development and help with maintaining our growing data platform (Streaming Pipelines, Real Time Ingestion, API’s)
- Machine Learning Data Infrastructure: Participate in building the new infrastructure to support development, deployment, and maintenance of a large number of machine learning models which power BounceX products.
- Data Analytics Platform: Support development of our analytics platform which is used by all our products and by our clients.
- Provide support for other teams with best data practices
- Understanding of large volume data systems
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge or Experience with data ETL (Ingestion Points, Pipelines, Data Storage Systems)
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Experience running production Golang systems, Infrastructure background, Low Latency / High Throughput Architectural System Designs
- Experiences with large-scale data systems, Hadoop, HBASE
- Strong interest in data engineering and/or data science
- Eagerness to learn new technologies on the fly and ship to production
BounceX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Founded in 2012, BounceX’s People-Based Marketing (PBM) cloud is the first new revenue channel with scale in 10 years. With offices in NYC and London and named the fastest growing software company in America by Inc Magazine in 2016, we currently power thousands of digital properties, expanding across a multitude of industries. For the first time, brands and publishers have a meaningful paid channel outside of Google and Facebook. We are trusted by global enterprises such as Forever21, Avis, JetBlue, CNN, Uniqlo, Comcast and many more.
BounceX is built on the belief that the success of a company is rooted in the strength of its team, so we’ve created a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages employees to love coming to work. We cultivate a passionate team by providing career coaching, professional growth and development, and world class benefits (that are in the 95th percentile of all technology companies) including fully paid family leave, sabbaticals, access to several employee resource groups (ERG's), and annual company retreats.
It’s our people who truly stand out, each owning their piece of the company with unrivaled dedication, creativity, and tenacity.
Back to top