Principal DevOps Engineer
As the Principal DevOps Engineer, you will be defining and leading our DevOps Strategy. This is a high-impact role in which you will be responsible for designing, writing and delivering software in order to improve BounceX services. You are someone who is eager to provide technical guidance for other team members. As a senior member of our DevOps team, you will be expected to work with management and peers in order to define/execute large scale technical roadmaps scaling the entirety of our infrastructure.
- Lead strategy and roadmap, balancing short/ long-term priorities against business needs
- Foresee and solve challenges across functional groups demonstrating imaginative problem-solving skills
- Design, write and deliver software in order to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of BounceX services
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services
- Build automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance for other team member
- Expert level experience with Bash and Python
- Proficiency using container orchestration, specifically with Docker & Kubernetes
- Advanced experience using AWS or GCP
- Experience with distributed systems and high scalable systems
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, overlay networks, OSI layers, load balancing, etc.)
- Exceptional with Unix/Linux systems, with experience working with the shell, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Min 5 years of professional experience within a similar position
- Compassion, empathy, and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Should have experience in mentoring over fellow team members
BounceX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
BounceX is a global marketing technology company that has been recognized as a best place to work by Glassdoor and Crain’s, and one of America’s fastest-growing SaaS companies.
More than 300 companies including JetBlue, Uniqlo, HelloFresh, and Comcast use BounceX to orchestrate real-time, multichannel marketing programs customized for every individual web visitor.
With offices in New York City and London, BounceX is built on the belief that the success of a company is rooted in the strength of its team, so we’ve created a collaborative, inclusive environment where people love coming to work.
We provide career coaching, growth and development opportunities, and benefits that are in the 95th percentile of all technology companies. Some highlights include excellent healthcare that starts day one, best-in-class fully paid family leave, 401(k) match, flexible work hours, and more.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.
Back to top