Lead Data Engineer
The Data Engineering team is developing the backbone of BounceX solutions. To do this, the team is using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks such as BigQuery, Spanner, Bigtable, Dataproc to process and analyze data, to help create the pipelines required to handle millions of events daily, and collaborate with the data science team to enable the innovative work in machine learning and AI to be utilized in our production environment.
- Contribute to the development of BounceX Micro Batch/ Real Time streaming pipelines (lambda architecture)
- Work closely with the data science team to build our machine learning platform infrastructure
- Work closely with the engineering team on data preprocessing and data structure
- Help mentoring the data engineering team and leading the data engineering initiatives
- Participate in architecture reviews
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- Understanding of distributed data systems
- Previous experience building lambda architecture
- Previous experience working with big data tools such as Bigtable, Apache Spark, Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Heron, BigQuery
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Experience running production Golang systems, Infrastructure background, Low Latency / High Throughput Architectural System Designs
- Strong interest in data engineering
- Eagerness to learn new technologies on the fly and ship to production
- Knowledge in data science is a plus
BounceX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
BounceX is an international marketing technology solution that brings a "logged-in" experience to logged-out website visitors across all their devices. A category leader in device identity resolution, BounceX helps companies like Uniqlo, HelloFresh and Tribune Interactive orchestrate real-time, multichannel marketing programs customized for the individual behind each device. They're best known for their impact on triggered email performance and website personalization.
Having raised over $44.9 million in funding from proven firms like Battery Ventures, Cross Creek Advisors and Primary Ventures, BounceX was named the Fastest Growing Software Company in America by Inc Magazine. With headquarters in New York and London, BounceX has been recognized by Glassdoor and Crain's for its exceptional culture and being one of the top places to work in the country. The company recently signed both the White House Equal Pay Pledge and the United Nations Women's Empowerment Pledge and continues to set the bar as a pioneer in technology innovation and workplace inclusion initiatives.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.
Meet Some of BounceX's Employees
Daouda S.Software Engineer
As a software engineer, Daouda has a variety of responsibilities—from automating and enhancing certain operational processes to adding new product functions or improving current ones.
Back to top