Employee Relations Specialist
Let’s face it, you are frustrated with overbearing corporate hierarchy where employees shudder when they hear the word “employee relations” or “human resources”. So, why not come work in an environment that was voted one of the best places to work in NYC by Crain’s? At BounceX, we value our team, especially the people that comprise it. In this role, you will contribute to the explosive growth of the fastest growing startup (according to Deloitte and Inc.).
BounceX is hiring a newly created Employee Relations Specialist to join our growing People Operations Team. You will have a direct impact in shaping the culture of BounceX as we scale our company. In this position you will manage all employee relations matters across the company, and partner closely with the Legal and People Operations Teams in projects that will directly impact every employee's’ experience here. You will also service as the specialist for all legal compliance and employee relations matters. This role requires knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws, including pending legal regulations. It also requires you to have a strong interest in working with people and doing right by them. We love our people and want them to be happy here and we see you playing a strong role in ensuring that is always true.
- Develop, draft, and implement company policies, standards, and business procedures designed to foster compliance with federal, state, local, and international employment laws
- Provide ongoing training to company on employment issues and HR best practices; train managers on trends and legal actions which may affect the workplace
- Create proactive strategy to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and international legal requirements
- Partner with Legal and People Operations teams in handling any complex employee relations issues and identify/ implement resolutions or policies as needed
- Participate and develop employment policies in all areas of labor and employment law, including but not limited to: benefits, compensation, performance management, discrimination, harassment, wage/hour, termination, leaves of absence, privacy, OSHA, FMLA, etc.
- Assisting in responding to attorney letters or claims involving employment and labor-related concerns
- Proactively research HR and ER trends and employment regulations, and ensure training materials and employee handbook materials are relevant
- Assist with immigration matters as they arise and serve as the main point of contact for external counsel
- 2-3 years of direct experience in employee relations, HR, or labor relations.
- Unquestionable sense of emotional intelligence, integrity, ethics, judgement, and discretion
- Substantive knowledge of employment and labor laws
- High level of autonomy and motivation; strong project and time management skills; extremely organized and able to work across multiple departments and stakeholders
- Experience in developing and implementing successful training programs a plus
- Experience as an employee relations specialist at a technology start-up a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Meet Some of BounceX's Employees
Shane interacts with BX's Strategy, Design and Analytics teams and uses BounceX's technology to build and optimize web campaigns for his clients. As a Director, he's on a mission to create marketing magic.
Back to top