Associate Corporate Counsel
BounceX is hiring an Associate Corporate Counsel to join our growing Legal team. The ideal candidate will have experience independently providing day-to-day legal support to our Business Development, Marketing, Customer Success, People Teams, and more. In addition to working with the other members of the Legal team to prepare, analyze, negotiate, and counsel on a wide range of commercial agreements, including technology licensing, marketing support, and regulatory issues, you will collaborate with the team to advise on employment and other related issues. This role is an opportunity to grow your practice by working with a wide array of company stakeholders on complex and critical issues.
- Be a legal advisor to multiple teams at BounceX; drafting and managing licenses and contracts; be the liaison between Legal and prospective clients and partners.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of customer and vendor contracts, including software licensing, SaaS solutions, and statements of work for related professional services, as well as strategic partner contracts.
- Represent BounceX with diverse external stakeholders, including clients, partners, investors, and service providers.
- Track regulatory developments and collaborate with our Operations team and outside counsel to effectively manage legal and other risk.
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Develop and maintain expert and current knowledge on new developments and legal guidance relevant to our business, product and technology.
- Assist with general commercial, risk management, HR matters and special projects as needed.
Note: This role is based in New York and admission to the NY state bar is required
- J.D. degree and license to practice law in the state of New York.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- At least 2+ years of relevant legal experience, including time at both a top law firm and/or in-house legal experience (public or private) advising on martech, creative, digital and technology issues.
- Strong negotiation experience with software and technology sales transactions, business development, professional services, and procurement transactions, including inbound and outbound technology licensing, is a must.
- Able to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms and conditions and legal principles to business people and customers, and directly negotiate with suppliers and customers.
- Experience with U.S. and E.U. privacy, data security, and compliance is a major plus.
- Strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving skills.
BounceX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
BounceX is an international marketing technology solution that brings a "logged-in" experience to logged-out website visitors across all their devices. A category leader in device identity resolution, BounceX helps companies like Uniqlo, HelloFresh and Tribune Interactive orchestrate real-time, multichannel marketing programs customized for the individual behind each device. They're best known for their impact on triggered email performance and website personalization.
Having raised over $44.9 million in funding from proven firms like Battery Ventures, Cross Creek Advisors and Primary Ventures, BounceX was named the Fastest Growing Software Company in America by Inc Magazine. With headquarters in New York and London, BounceX has been recognized by Glassdoor and Crain's for its exceptional culture and being one of the top places to work in the country. The company recently signed both the White House Equal Pay Pledge and the United Nations Women's Empowerment Pledge and continues to set the bar as a pioneer in technology innovation and workplace inclusion initiatives.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.
Back to top