Associate Corporate Counsel
Let’s face it, you are frustrated with overbearing corporate hierarchy or law firm politics. Why not come work in an environment that was voted one of the best places to work in NYC by Crain’s. At Bounce Exchange, we value our team. In this role, you will contribute to the explosive growth of one of the fastest growing startups.
You will join our hardworking legal team, contributing as the second pure legal hire. In addition to working with our general counsel to prepare, analyze, and counsel on a wide range of commercial agreements and matters, including technology licensing, marketing support, and regulatory matters, you will collaborate with outside counsel to advise on IP issues, patent prosecution, and enforcement.
- Review, draft and manage licenses and intellectual property agreements, advertising services agreements, and sales contracts.
- Negotiate and draft a broad range of customer and vendor contracts, including software licensing, SaaS solutions, and statements of work for related professional services, as well as strategic partner contracts.
- Represent Bounce Exchange with diverse external stakeholders, including regulators, partners, investors, and service providers.
- Strategically review and develop Bounce Exchange’s IP portfolio to ensure appropriate protection. Support possible or actual assertions of IP rights.
- Track regulatory developments and collaborate with our Operations Team and outside counsel to effectively manage legal and other risk.
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, and business strategy.
- Assist with general commercial, risk management, HR matters, and special projects as needed.
- You are not an asshole.
- J.D. degree (or equivalent) and membership in at least one state bar.
- 3-7 years’ relevant legal experience (in-house or firm).
- Substantial negotiation experience with software and technology sales transactions, business development, professional services, and procurement transactions, including inbound and outbound technology licensing.
- Experience with U.S. and E.U. privacy, data security, and compliance.
- Understanding of corporate governance as well as corporate and securities law.
- Able to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms and conditions and legal principles to business people and customers and directly negotiate with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent academic credentials.
Bounce Exchange is bad ass.
Computer World ranked us as the #1 tech company to work for in the United States in terms of employee retention and career development. Crain's and Internet Week agreed and ranked us in their respective groups of the top places to work for in NYC.
What do we actually do?
We invented a new class of enterprise marketing software we call “Behavioral Automation." Bounce Exchange analyzes digital body language to make websites way more convenient and less annoying to visitors (which increases their conversion rate). We work with large retailers, publishers and Fortune 500s to help them monetize their traffic more effectively.
Are you a ridiculous human?
We're a mildly clever, sarcastic, and a little crazy group that's always on the lookout for the next ridiculous human that's in the top 1% of ridiculous humans.
Back to top