BoomTown is looking for an Associate DevOps Engineer with a passion for cloud computing, infrastructure as code and maintaining highly available web applications. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with our software development team in Charleston, SC to ensure developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code with ease.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for helping further the automation of the building, deployment, and monitoring of all production systems and applications as well as supporting the software development environment.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working in a 24/7 production environment. The DevOps Engineer will be a member of a small and critical technical operations team.
- Assist in designing, provisioning, maintaining, and scaling custom solutions for deployments, monitoring, orchestration, and provisioning.
- Work closely with Amazon Web Services and Rackspace cloud environments.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with key infrastructure components including servers, databases, CI tools, applications, and software.
- Partner with dev teams to provide operational environment expertise.
- Be responsible for maintaining highly performant, stable, and scalable environments.
- Intermediate programming/scripting language skills (Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, Powershell, etc.).
- Some knowledge of Linux/Unix (RHEL, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux) or Windows Server.
- Working knowledge of Subversion, BitBucket, Git or other version control tools.
- The ability to independently research solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to document technical solutions.
We'd be impressed if you had:
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools like Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with SQL (especially MS SQL Server), MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net programming.
- Experience with networking, DNS, subnetting, load balancing.
- Knowledge of one or more hypervisor products (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV, etc.).
What is BoomTown, you ask?
BoomTown was ranked on the Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2011, 2012 and 2013. BoomTown is a fast growing web-based software company specializing in an end-to-end web marketing solution for real estate. Our flagship product is used by top-producing real estate brokers and teams across the country. BoomTown enjoys success by combining nimble management, a top-notch technical team, and unequaled customer service. We are extremely passionate about our platform, as well as our relationships among our team and with our partner clients.
Life at BoomTown
Our philosophy can be summed up fairly succinctly - we create powerful, yet simple software to drive our clients’ business outcomes. We’re truly passionate about our clients; and we’re focused on designing innovative solutions for their complex needs that make a difference in their lives. Simply put, we work hard to create inspired solutions that people love to use.
BoomTown offers you
Growth potential and ability to lead change
Company leadership that believes in flexibility, freedom, and innovation
Challenging, motivating, fun and dog-friendly work environment
Company culture that is guided by our core values that thrives on passion and innovation
Agile product management methodologies with minimal process overhead