Member Services Associate
At Book of the Month, we aim to deliver an experience that our members LOVE. Being “liked” simply isn’t good enough. Our Member Services team plays a critically important role in delivering this experience. They communicate directly with our members by phone, email, and chat and help them in all sorts of ways. This includes helping them choose which books to read and providing over the top solutions to any unexpected problems they experience with their membership. The team also plays an key role in providing our product, marketing, and editorial teams with feedback from our members. If you love books and readers, have great verbal and written communication skills, and are passionate about service oriented businesses – this is the gig for you!
- You love books! You’re a passionate reader, and enjoy chatting up other readers.
- You have a service oriented personality. You love helping others -- it’s just part of who you are.
- You think on your feet, learn quickly, and enjoy finding creative ways to solve problems.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills – including excellent grammar skills.
- You like shopping online and are a skilled technological multi-tasker.
- You’re extremely positive and proactive, with great energy and a “no task too small” attitude.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver amazing member support via phone, email, social media, and live chat.
- Provide critical feedback to our engineering, marketing, design, and product teams. You'll play an integral role in driving policies and practices based on what our customers are saying.
- Engage with passionate readers. Help them join, navigate, and participate in our online book club.
- Build a positive relationship with our members, and ensure that they have the best book discovery and membership experience possible.
- This is a flexible hourly position. Shifts and hours will vary week to week.
- Positive, positive, positive attitude. You take a proactive approach to challenges and have a passion for making things right.
- Detail-oriented, with a laser focus on quality and high standards for achievement.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer service related position preferred.
- Experience with and/or interest in e-commerce preferred.
See Inside the Office of Book Of The Month
Book of the Month provides readers with a fun and affordable way to discover and read a great new book each month. BOTM offers members five new books each month—the selections are well-written and highly readable stories, often from debut and up-and-coming authors, always in hardcover. These are the kinds of books that readers are always on the lookout for—but are so hard to find.
Back to top