Book of the Month is a monthly membership for contemporary readers, a way of discovering—and buying—the best new books to read now. We have been growing rapidly ever since we relaunched the brand in late 2015. We seek a developer to build digital services that are robust, functional, flexible, and beautiful.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes pride in their work. They have experience building and maintaining web applications that support mission-critical business functions. We're looking for a candidate who will help us grow, and will grow with us.
About Our Team/Office
- An incredible team of passionate coders with diverse backgrounds and great attitudes
- The ability to explore projects to learn a new skill
- Loft style office in Manhattan's Flatiron/Silicon Alley (with a perfect view of the Empire State Building)
- Fridge stocked with all the usual refreshments
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- 3-5 years of experience shipping production code
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithm design
- Proficiency in SQL
- HTML5 layout fluency, and familiar with the ins & outs of single-page applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with cloud application services, preferably AWS (RDS, EC2, SQS, CloudFront, R53, S3, Lambda, and many more)
- Web application development with a fairly complex build stack (ie. webpack, React-Redux)
- Desktop development and networking for special-purpose devices (ie. Electron, Raspberry Pi)
- Experience with Linux bash scripts & IT automation
- Familiarity with an ERP (ie. NetSuite)
- And, of course, a love of reading
Meet Some of Book Of The Month's Employees
Head Of Content
Jennifer oversees BOTM’s content, including social media, the blog, and other content partnerships. She works closely with media companies, influencers, and celebrities on BOTM collaborations.
Back to top