Head of Copywriting and Brand Voice
We are looking for a brilliant writer to bring a consistent and distinct voice to all BOTM communications and marketing material. In late 2015, we relaunched Book of the Month, a powerful brand with 90 years of history, as a monthly subscription e-commerce service that provides avid readers with a fun, convenient, and affordable way to discover and buy new books each month. We have been growing rapidly since the relaunch.
From the site and emails to Facebook and Instagram to physical packaging and print collateral, we want Book of the Month to have a unique personality and voice that our members and potential future members recognize and find appealing. The successful candidate will be someone who is an incredibly talented writer, but also understands how to build a writing style “system” that can be used to bring our brand to a variety of content channels. She/he will also have (1) a deep love of reading and books, and (2) a strong understanding of who reads commercial fiction novels and why.
About the Role
- Develop a unique and recognizable copywriting style for Book of the Month.
- Systematize your brand style by creating a brand voice style guide.
- Working closely with our marketing and content teams to write compelling copy for a variety of mediums.
- Mediums will include: Facebook ads, SEM ads, banner ads, various other ads, social media posts, site copy, emails, and print collateral.
- Edit and copyedit works written by our editorial team, marketing team, and judges panel.
- You love reading contemporary fiction novels. You have a strong understanding of what it means to be a reader and strong point of view on what readers are looking for in an experience like Book of the Month.
- BA from a top school; MFA Is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience writing copy for an ecommerce company, media company, or agency.
- Strong understanding of how content is consumed on each medium, across each device platform, and how copy should change from medium-to-medium across devices.
- Welcoming to feedback, and even if you disagree, you find a compromise and a creative solution.
- Strong understanding of consumer responses to different types of language (e.g, CTAs, etc.)
- Extremely well-organized and an excellent manager of your time. Very comfortable working under pressure and working irregular hours when needed.
Back to top