Director of Product Marketing, Little Shelf by Book of the Month
Book of the Month is seeking a growth-focused product marketer to lead the launch of Little Shelf, the new Children’s Book of the Month Club.
Book of the Month is relaunching its children’s book club experience under the brand “Little Shelf.” The Director of Product Marketing role involves the synthesis of customer acquisition marketing and product development to deliver a commercially successful and compelling product for parents and grandparents. The successful candidate will possess a strong point of view on the role Little Shelf should play in the relationship between children, parents, and books, but will also listen closely to early adopters to learn and iterate on the concept. After launch of the product, the Director will be well-positioned to take on a broader general management role within Little Shelf.
Note: Little Shelf is currently schedule for a soft-launch in April/May 2017.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy that incorporates content partnerships, email, influencers, affiliates, and paid/earned media.
- Work with product and engineering teams to conceptualize and execute changes to the product and new product features.
- Develop a deep understanding of the target customer using market research, surveys, and customer data.
- Develop and articulate the brand value proposition through compelling copy and design ideas.
- Define all aspects of the club experience, including the “out-of-box” experience and gifting experience.
- Lead the launch of the club from beta to at-scale growth over a 6-month period and position the club for strong 2017 holiday gifting performance.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience at an eCommerce company or agency working closely with eCommerce companies.
- Experience with content partnerships and digital marketing within the parenting/children’s content sector is a strong plus.
- Experience in a growth- oriented, product role at a consumer internet or digital content company is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in and expert knowledge of children’s books and/or marketing to parent and grandparents
- Proven expert level execution capabilities.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and comfortable using math to support your intuition.
- Proven creative marketing skills, including copywriting skills, are a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a strong school. An MBA from a strong school is preferred.
Meet Some of Book Of The Month's Employees
Head Of Content
Jennifer oversees BOTM’s content, including social media, the blog, and other content partnerships. She works closely with media companies, influencers, and celebrities on BOTM collaborations.
Back to top