Director of Operations
Book of the Month is seeking someone passionate about operations to lead all aspects of our subscription e-commerce operations, including order management, subscription operations, payment operations, inventory management, book manufacturing and much more.
Order Management and Subscription Renewal Operations
- Work side-by-side with engineering to execute and monitor all order management and renewals processes.
- Proactively make changes to all processes and functionality to decrease click-to-ship times, increase credit card success rates, and decrease chargebacks.
- Manage the relationships with our payments processing vendors.
Inventory and Supply Chain Management
- Build and execute an inventory management program (including policies, systems, and tools) which minimized backorders and reduces the amount of inventory waste over time.
- Manage relationships with book manufacturers and paper suppliers to deliver books on-time and reduce per unit costs over time.
- Manage all aspects of our eCommerce fulfillment operations including, evaluating in-house vs. outsourced 3PL options, improving our pick-pack processes in the warehouse, and ensuring that important information is proactively communicated to our fulfillment locations.
- Identify, define, and proactively propose small and large projects and functionality which solve discrete and systemic operational issues.
- Create standardized and ad hoc reports and analysis used to monitor operational performance and to drive decision making throughout the business.
- Build a team of business analysts to help execute across your department as needed.
- B.S. degree in technical discipline (engineering, math, computer science, etc.);
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical data-driven role, especially management consulting, technology consulting, or an operations role at an e-commerce company.
- Experience working with ERP systems, payment software, and programs developed in-house.
- Experience with business process engineering and quality improvement programs.
Back to top