Business Intelligence Analyst
We are looking to add a Business Analyst to support and accelerate our businesses appetite for data and analytics. In late 2015, we relaunched Book of the Month, a powerful brand with 90 years of history, as a monthly subscription e-commerce service that provides avid readers with a with fun, convenient, and affordable way to discover and buy new books each month. We have been growing rapidly since the relaunch.
The business intelligence and analytics team is responsible for investigating, developing, and monitoring effective solutions to the analytical needs of our whole organization. The core data types include growth marketing data, customer data, and operations data. The goal is to provide clear, consistent, and reliable insights that help grow the business and provide an excellent customer experience. The team also gets very involved in solving and executing many problems across the business. You will work with your peers across the business to discover, wrangle, report and visualize, and ultimately automate critical information needs. This role sits between the growth, product, operations and engineering teams; wearing multiple hats and developing a truly comprehensive understanding of the entire business. The ideal candidate loves to help others and learn.
- Use data and analysis to investigate and answer a variety of questions across all aspects of the business.
- Own projects and processes from start to finish. You will not just build reports and do random tasks.
- Work closely with a variety of different people across the organization, including executives, product managers, engineers and growth marketers.
- Develop an expertise in our product and operations, such that you develop strong intuitive understanding of how to better serve our members.
- Proactively identify and make recommendations for data or process changes across our business.
- Work hard and contribute in fast-paced, yet rewarding environment -- including occasionally responding to questions and requests after-hours.
- Have the opportunity to grow into a variety of different roles across the company (operations, production, engineering, etc.).
About You / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with an analytic component to the curriculum (STEM, economics, etc.)
- SQL skills (PostgreSQL and MySQL a plus)
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Excel
- An inherent curiosity and love of exploring data and delivering insights
- A drive to improve everything touched
Nice to Haves
- eCommerce Marketing Experience
- Operations and Logistics Experience
- UX/UI Dashboarding Experience (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Statistics background (education, work experience, or accreditation)
- Programming/Technical Experience (Bash, Linux, NodeJS, Python, R, etc.)
Meet Some of Book Of The Month's Employees
Head Of Content
Jennifer oversees BOTM’s content, including social media, the blog, and other content partnerships. She works closely with media companies, influencers, and celebrities on BOTM collaborations.
Back to top