Workday Business Analyst
At Booking.com, we will always put the interests of our customers at the heart of everything that we do. We work hard to scale innovative technologies for both customers and partners across the world, but we know this isn't enough to succeed. We must view our business from the eyes of our customers and make decisions based on their fast changing needs and behaviors.
We are a fast paced, rapidly growing company with a start-up culture where we favor action over discussion. We believe in the power of curiosity, experimentation and continuous learning.
The People Technology team is looking for an experienced Workday Product Analyst to join us in our Amsterdam headquarters.
Do you have deep hands-on knowledge of Workday functional areas not limited to core HR, Employee and Manager Self service, Absences, Security and People business processes? Are you passionate about using your diverse technical and business skills to address challenges of scale and efficiency for our global organization?
You must have experience implementing Workday HCM solutions for Agile, fast-paced, startup organizations, globally. In this role, you be a subject matter expert for business stakeholders, advising on system business process solutions as well as proactively looking for optimization, automization opportunities which scale. You will work on 'business as usual' system enhancements as well as larger WD projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
Research, Analysis, Problem-Solving & Build
- Identify business needs through research and analysis.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on Workday solutions. Provide guidance and recommendations on system functionality and design to meet business needs
- Perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations and upgrades.
- Partner with People Operations, Business users and drive business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development and communication.
- Feasibility and Impact assessment for scaleable system improvements.
- Participate in regular reviews and prioritization of Workday projects
- Issue management (uploads, tickets, backlog priorities)
- Configure design solutions in the system ensuring they meet business user needs
- Own customer issues from beginning-to- end resolution.
- Develop plans to mitigate and avoid future system issues.
- Responsible for driving HR Data Quality.
Validation & Testing
- Understand the downstream/end-to-end impacts of Workday changes on WD processes and other downstream systems, ensuring appropriate parties are included.
- Ensure design solutions are validated/tested (post-configuration), to confirm the design is working as planned, downstream impact is minimised and additional problems are not inadvertently resulting from the change.
- Impact assessment, system testing for new Workday releases and other testing cycles.
- Perform testing and analysis to ensure the system meets or exceeds end-user requirements and standards and deployment
- Research integration failures, perform root cause analyses, and report back to management and business leaders.
- Analyse, understand and share learnings from peer groups, Workday Community and previous cycles to build strong knowledge of the product.
- Drive knowledge sharing with relevant business users
- Customer oriented with excellent communication skills and a strong business sense.
- Data driven and big picture thinker able to predict potential outcomes and impacts
- A go-getter, self-motivator who dives in and thrives in a constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving, innovative and results driven
- Eager to learn from both positive and negative results through cycles of implementation.
- Passionate about HCM products and a passion to learn and mature the product.
- Open minded team player, Adaptable and flexible when dealing with competing priorities.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others.
B Experience & Knowledgable
- Minimum 4 years of recent Workday configuration experience in (HCM Core, Security, Absences, Time-Tracking)
- Excellent understanding of HR Processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Exposure to Greenhouse, SAP, Kallidus, Impraise, Teleopti, Jira, Zendesk is an advantage
- Integrations knowledge preferable.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Workday Business Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top