Windows Engineer – Security
We are looking for a Windows Engineer to join our End User Platform Security team at our Amsterdam headquarters. The End User Platform Security team owns the overall security of devices, from employee laptops all the way through to the systems to manage them. As a member of this team, your primary goal will be to continuously and structurally improve the security posture and defense of the IT Services we offer internally, impacting our employees all around the world. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, developing end-to-end security solutions across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the security posture of the IT Infrastructure services offered internally at Booking.com;
- Advise our IT Infrastructure teams on projects
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Take ownership of end user security and have the freedom to do what is needed to protect our business and customers;
- Create system health/performance dashboards to provide visibility into monitored services for our Security Operations Center;
- Collaborate in the design and development of business-critical systems to meet security requirements and anticipate risk;
- Mentor, coach and steer more junior colleagues across technical and conceptual challenges;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 5 years experience working in a Systems Engineering position working on designing, implementing and maintaining large, complex and scalable system infrastructures;
- Good understanding of IT security concepts at both a technical and procedural level.
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system integration and administration, and application layers in hardware and/or cloud services/environments.
- Proven scripting experience with Powershell, VBScript and automation;
- Strong Windows administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Experience managing Active Directory (Domain, Certificate and Federation Services)
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite, Splunk, and HDFS;
- SIEM infrastructure (Splunk, Arcsight, LogRhythm or similar)
- System Center tools such as SCCM, SCOM
- Network administration, troubleshooting
- Familiarity at least one programming language. For example with .Net/C#, C++ and/or Java;
- Configuration management tools such as DSC, Puppet or Chef;
- Relevant industry certification (MCSE, CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP, CESG, CEH).
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Windows Engineer - Security in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top