UX Copywriter - Marketing
Are you a wordsmith driven by creativity and data? Are you curious about what makes a customer click? Do you have experience with creating copy that drives acquisition and loyalty? We're looking for a copywriter with a creative mind, passion for user experience and a background in B2B and B2C, marketing and digital.
Sitting in our fast-paced Marketing department in the Amsterdam HQ, you'll work collaboratively with teams of marketing specialists, UX designers, and developers to create multi-platform digital and offline marketing campaigns that attract and retain new customers by reflecting and expressing Booking.com's brand values and principles. Additionally, you'll work with other specialised copywriters to help grow an engaging and seamless multi-platform booking experience for millions of travellers and properties worldwide.
This role requires a results-focused, strategic thinker. Someone who can use their creative writing skills to develop engaging copy for worldwide acquisition campaigns. As such, you'll be required to create copy for a wide range of marketing material and to develop your own creative copy strategy based on the business goals and targets.
Almost everything you write will be translated into 42 different languages, so you'll be a key point of contact for a large team of language specialists, aware of cultural sensitivities and able to communicate your ideas and context in a clear manner that works for local markets.
- Write copy for acquisition and retention marketing campaigns across multiple channels and platforms, both offline and digital
- Create multiple copy experiments to test the impact of your copy, analyze the metrics and develop your own copy strategy
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data and key metrics to measure the impact of your copy and transform those insights into new iterations to test out
- Work with marketing specialists to develop and execute a marketing strategy through your copy
- Submit copy to language specialists, ensuring they are provided with a sufficient context (both conceptual and visual) for translating your ideas to a local audience
- Liaise with language specialists to make sure your copy is properly localised and culturally relevant and appropriate
- Collaborate with other copywriters to ensure customer-facing or B2B copy is consistent across all platforms
- Marketing and/or agency background: experience with writing copy for integrated marketing campaigns,
- Experience with cross-channel digital advertising as well as traditional offline media-print, direct mail etc.
- Experience with both short- and long-form copy
- Experience working with brand guidelines, proven record of ability to safeguard brand identity and tone of voice
- Ability to bring brand values into life through copy
- Excellent communication skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- UX mindset: is an advocate for delivering the best user experience, works/writes with the user in mind, has a user-first approach
- Data driven, uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform campaigns, copy strategy, tone of voice
- Ability to approach tasks with a 'can-do' attitude, work well independently and in a team
- Familiar with A/B testing
- 3 years relevant experience
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
Please apply via our website with your English CV and portfolio or writing samples! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Back to top