Temporary Account Manager – Calgary
This is a 6 month contract position in the Calgary office.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV's acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in the United States. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com's system. You will work the Hotel Manager on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visit the important hotels area;
- Support Booking.com BV's-strategy for hotel availability and supply within Canada;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Responsible for area coverage;
- Liaise with hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com BV's extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com's system;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver's license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You are currently authorized to work in Canada
The hiring company Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Canada. Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is looking for a Temporary Account Manager - Calgary . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top