Temporary Account Manager – Calgary
This is a 6 month contract position in the Calgary office.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV's acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in Canada. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com's system. You will work the Hotel Manager on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Booking.com by promoting its services to potential new accommodations in designated areas.
- Assist Booking.com with finding new leads and establishing contacts by cold calling.
- Providing accommodations with information and advice by phone, email and in person, including follow-ups;
- Support Booking.com with creating operational plans, pertaining to developing successful business partnerships in designated area.
- Promote Booking.com's brand name and its online reservation services to the potential business partners.
- Actively identifying and participating in networking opportunities and industry events.
- Attending tradeshows and working with Tourism Boards, CVBs and/or Hotel Association
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified candidate must be customer focused, entrepreneurial, be able to work independently and be goal oriented.
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to work with individuals at all levels.
- Strong relationship builder, outgoing personality and experience with social networking.
- Ability to identify problems and take the initiative to find solutions
- Flexible with ever-changing needs of the organization and with the industry.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant function;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver's license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You are currently authorized to work in Canada
The hiring company Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Canada. Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is looking for a Temporary Account Manager - Calgary . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top